Why spending time on your own is important
Alone time allows you to discover yourself, and becoming comfortable in your own company will give you the time to explore your OWN passions without the judgement of others. Maybe you’ll discover that you love to meditate, do yoga, or go dancing! Alone time will lead to personal development and inner growth.
Judgement and external influencers can sometimes hinder our creative sides. Alone time will give you the opportunity to let your creativity run wild. There are studies that prove that being alone will help change the way the brain fuels the creative process.
So the million dollar question is do you need some alone time? If you find yourself feeling short-tempered, losing interest in activities with other people, having trouble focusing, feeling overwhelmed, or feeling anxious about the idea of spending time with others then you should take yourself on a date. We all get to a point of social burnout, just take some time to be by yourself and do an activity that you have either wanted to do or an activity you love. It is your special time to take care of your mind and soul.
If you are out of ideas on how to spend your magical day, don’t worry we will give some suggestions but what is most important is to let others know not to interrupt you during that time and turn socials off. Here are some ideas:
- Go for a nice walk: fresh air has so many positive impacts on your well-being and it will help recharge your social battery!
- Take yourself out for lunch or dinner
- Go to a class: it can either be a pottery class, dance class, or painting class. Anything fun and creative.
- Go watch a show or a movie
- Go read in the park
- Go for a bike ride
- Enjoy a long soak in a hot bath using our Love Sensual Sense Bath Oil
- Apply the Peace Balm of Serenity to your pulse points take a deep breath in then do some journaling or a meditation
- Use one of our four Body & Massage Oils as part of a self-massage ritual
Fall in love with yourself one day at a time.