The power of intention setting
Intention setting is a powerful tool to give your day a purpose or aim. It will allow you to take control of your mood and how you want your day to be. Intention setting is about self-empowerment, you become the creator of your day. At Kalmar, we encourage intention-setting with the application of our products to truly make the most of the experience.
The key to intention setting is for them to be specific and doable. When you set an intention it gives accountability and allows you to take control of your personal choices and life. You actively live your life with purpose, by becoming more present within yourself and in your relationships.
Think of it this way: intention setting is the foundation of a house, it will provide you with the base of how you want to feel, so you can actively live with a purpose.
So how do you set intentions?
- The first step is to either vocalise it or write it down. This will allow you to be accountable for the intention but it may also provide psychological relief. Once you have stated the intention, look for a small action that will help you move closer towards your goal. It’s important to express your intentions as they are more powerful once they are announced outside your head.
- The next step is to be clear about what your intentions are. Visualise your intention and the results of your goal, doing so will increase the chances of success. Knowing what you want will make focusing on achieving it much easier. Intentions allow you to stay on course when life will put you through its ups and downs, allowing you to focus on your end goal.
- Remember to stay positive. An intention can be anything so it is important to make sure that it is coming from a positive place. Studies have also shown that negative words tend to overpower positive ones so say “I will” rather than “I won’t” (“I will feel at peace today”) Throughout the day, take some breaks to ensure that your choices are aligned with your intention.
- Make your intentions easy and attainable. They can be about something which is already part of your daily routine like “I will make the most of my commute to work to listen to my music and enjoy the journey”. It takes 2 weeks for a habit to form, the more you set your intentions the easier they will become and will become an essential part of your daily routine.
- Believe in yourself! Not trusting in your capabilities can sometimes be the one thing that blocks you from becoming the person you want to be or achieving your end goals. I know that this is easier said than done, but reframe your mindset and you’ll see the amazing steps you’ll take.
With each one of our soulstates, we have an intention for you to repeat to help you reach Joy, Calm, Peace, and Love. The products and their aromas are powerful tools and work their best when you set an intention on how you want to feel, what you want to do and who you want to be. Sign up to our newsletter to stay up to date with all our wellness content.