How to cope with stress
Most of us experience stress and/or anxiety daily whether it be at some point in our life because of work, family, finance or health. There is a number of reasons why someone can feel anxious, what is important is to learn how to cope with those feelings to the best of your abilities. Each one of us has our own coping mechanism and manages stress differently, find what helps you ground yourself and find your inner Peace.
Next time you are feeling overwhelmed try doing the following:
- Take a break: This can either be in the form of yoga, meditation or simply taking some deep breaths. Separate yourself from what is causing you stress/anxiety and allow yourself some time to reconnect. Even just 5 minutes can make a massive difference to how you are feeling.
- Sleep Hygiene: Sleeping is your body's way of resetting, it helps your body remain healthy. Not getting enough sleep, impedes your brain from functioning properly and impairs your abilities to concentrate, think clearly and process memories. An adult should get at least 7 hours of sleep every night. If you want to improve your sleep check out our blog on the perfect nighttime routine for good sleep.
- Understand your triggers: Learning what the root of your stress/anxiety is can help you understand how to cope. If you are stressed because of work, you can find ways to help you decrease that stress in your daily life. Maybe you need to set up boundaries or take smaller and more frequent breaks. Here is a previous blog on how to prioritise wellbeing while working a desk job.
- Support system: Talking to a loved one and expressing feeling overwhelmed can also release some of that negative feeling. Support is a crucial part of being human, we are social animals and require that connection. Knowing that you have people who will be there for you and help you can make the biggest difference. Don’t be afraid to open up.
- Acceptance: We can’t control everything in life no matter how hard we try. There will always be something that will come as a surprise, some good and some bad. The secret is to let go of the need to have everything under control, to have everything be perfect. When problems arise, confront them to the best ability but don’t be hard on yourself if you are not able to solve them immediately.
Remind yourself that all your feelings are valid and it’s okay to feel stressed/anxious, we are all human. Learning to cope with these feelings and being able to calm yourself down is the key to wellbeing. Kalmar is here to help you reconnect to yourself and let go of any negative emotions you might be holding on to/feeling. House of Kalmar was designed to escape the stresses of 21st-century living, book a treatment now and enjoy your moments of bliss.