5 practices to overcome your inner critic
Ask yourself this question, would you speak to a loved one the same way you talk to yourself? The answer is most likely going to be no. Your inner critic is the voice talking to you in a harsh, unforgiving manner. A lot of the time we are our own harshest critics, we don’t allow ourselves to make the same mistakes we would forgive in a friend, lover, or colleague. These 5 steps can help you find moments of Joy, Calm, Peace, and Love.
- Separate. Detach yourself from your inner bully, give it a name and identify when it is speaking. Recognising that your critic is there to make you feel bad and is separating your true self will help you squash that voice as time goes by. The last trick is to imagine your inner bully speaking in the Mickey Mouse voice, this way it will be very difficult to take what they are saying seriously. It’s important to ground yourself, recentre to your true self and gain some clarity. The Peace range is perfect for those moments when you need to take a step back and breathe. Try the Peace Balm of Serenity, it is such a wonderful tool to carry with you whenever you need it. The Peace Equilibrium Hand & Body Wash and Lotion are also a fantastic addition to any washroom, as it helps you find moments of Peace throughout the day.
- Confront. Confront your fears, if your inner critic is telling you you can’t do something prove them wrong! Prove to yourself that you are amazing and capable of extraordinary things. It can be very scary to step out of your comfort zone but the only way to grow is to challenge yourself. If you do face your fear and it doesn’t work out you still should be proud of yourself for pushing your limits. Stepping out of our comfort zones can be very challenging, the Calm range will give you that cocooning feeling you are looking for. The Calm Soothing Body Cream or Large Scented Candle are both amazing at making you feel comforted and soothing any anxieties you might have.
- Celebrate. Celebrate the small milestones as they come. Looking at the end goal can sometimes be frustrating and demotivating, look at the small steps you need to take to get to your end goal. We tend to focus on the things we are lacking, where we can improve, and what more we can do but stop and think of everything we have accomplished big or small, of where we are and what person we are today. Celebrate every small milestone and give yourself a pat on the back for how far you have come. Find the Joy! When you need to feel invigorated and energised, the Joy range is for you. Get that extra boost of energy with the Joy Jubilation Polish followed up with the Joy Lotion.
- Journal. Writing down your thoughts can help you get a different perspective and allow your mind to clear. It will allow you to express your feelings and let go of anything you have been holding on to. Light up one of our non-toxic candles and allow the aromas of the different soulstates to instantly change how you feel. You will feel lighter and more relaxed.
- Talk. Talking to someone about what you are going through can work wonders. If you have a dear friend or family member having a third person listen to what your feelings are and/or express their thoughts on the situation helps the inner critic stay quiet. An objective opinion is all we need sometimes. Remember to be kind to yourself, our Love range will help awaken your inner goddess and inspire you to be more confident and accepting of yourself.
Focus on the light in a sky full of clouds. Wellness is about becoming the best version of yourself mentally, physically and spiritually. Invest in your wellbeing and find moments of Joy, Calm, Peace, and Love everyday with Kalmar.