We are hiring: Operations & Customer Service Officer
Title: Operations & Customer Service Officer
Reporting to: Head of Brand & Strategy
Timings: Full time 5 days a week. 9-6 or 10-7 depending on treatment bookings.
Location: Office based role in a beautiful townhouse in a private mews in the heart of Belgravia, London (short walk from Victoria / Sloane Sq)
Salary: £24,000- 28,000 dependent on experience
Added bonus: staff discount on products
MAIN RESPONSBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
- Be the number one point of call for all B2B and B2C customers queries.
- Manage all stock and operational activity across the business.
- Be responsible of all daily office management tasks to ensure a smooth running of office and ourtreatment room
CUSTOMER SERVICE (WHOLESALE & DIRECT TO CONSUMER)
- First and foremost you’ll be leading the Kalmar ethos of exemplary customer service in providing tailored solutions to all enquiries – in person in our treatment space in Belgravia and over email / the phone with our wholesale and direct customers. You can creatively surprise and delight our Kalmar customers on a case by case basis with random acts of kindness.
- Responsible for diary management of all guests booking in for paid and complimentary treatments in The House of Kalmar including actively promoting available timings, confirming bookings (Calendly tool used for automated email reminders), contacting prior to treatment if needed and proactively following up with guests post treatment to promote product purchases and rebooking of future treatment. When treatment times become available at short notice, proactive approach to ensuring slot is refilled by contacting all key and local paying customers to maximise room occupancy.
- Answering the door and welcoming all guests arriving for their treatments in our private treatment space, the House of Kalmar, in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Providing timely communication with all new and existing Kalmar customers via email or phone. Our Kalmar customers need to know they can rely on us at every opportunity whether they want advice on what products to choose, booking in for a treatment, issues order processing or creating returns (for both direct and trade customers)
- Being the go-to person for all Kalmar product queries, you will need to work closely with marketing to keep up to date on our brand messaging and new product launches
- Be the first point of call for all stock and business queries for Kalmar’s trade (spa, retail, distributors) client base in the UK and other global territories
- Responsible for the info contact inbox. Booking in clients for treatments, responding to all generic and common enquiries in a timely manner, and when further input is needed distributing out to relevant team members to respond.
STOCK & LOGISTICS:
- Responsible for all stock movement, including managing relationship with warehouse who delivers all stock to B2C and B2B customers to ensure timely and correct product send outs
- Process orders on Zedonk (stock management system) and liaise with sales, marketing and logistics team members to ensure all are well-informed of stock send out update.
- Ensure customers and business partners are sent their products and other related items in a timely manner and communicate any delays, issues or returns directly with customers or the business partner / sales team if a trade account.
- Provide team with monthly stock figures and product run rate report to ensure we are monitoring stock consumption and reordering products when appropriate
- Amend and update any price changes or new product launches on order forms for trade accounts
- Set up and manage barcodes and product codes for any new product launches
- Support with management of press and influencer send outs either from the office or from the warehouse.
- Regular (quarterly) visits to our warehouse to check stock levels
- Manage and update warehouse on brand guidelines for product send out and regular quality check of warehouse adherence
OFFICE MANAGEMENT TASKS:
Full responsibility of daily office management tasks to ensure a smooth running of office and treatment room including:
- Set up of Treatment room before therapists arrive and check they have everything they need before clients and during the day. Responsible for ensuring the room has been checked on departure and that therapist has left room appropriately.
- Responsible for contacting therapists to update on treatment times and rescheduling etc
- Ensure all staff are leaving kitchen space clean
- Ensure office space is kept clear and presentable for all guests at all times
- Ensure all office plants are being regularly watered.
- Product display in treatment room to be regularly checked.
- Laundry service for treatment room to be monitored closely and check all pick ups and deliveries happen
- Provide customer service for online customers
- Manage stock figures for the website on a weekly basis
- Update weekly sales analysis in team update
- Liaise with marketing team about stock and marketing activity
- Tracking of petty cash and storing receipts
- Collate and support with monthly business invoice checking
- Responsible for receiving all incoming invoices to the accounts inbox, cross checking correct amount and getting sign off for payment
- General support for Head of Brand & Strategy and all team members
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Organised & detail oriented
- Clear and friendly communicator
- Enjoys variety day to day
- Self-motivated and proactive - takes the initiative to get things done, and able to work independently
- Previous office administration experience required
- Integrates fun, joy and integrity as a way of being and working
- Happy to work in a small team and fast paced start up environment where acknowledges every role can make a massive impact to the company
- Good knowledge of excel to run simple stock reports
- Fast learner in technology (use of company software Zedonk, Calendly, Outlook)
Kalmar is a lifestyle brand that is all about instantly changing how you feel. Based on the four positive emotions of Joy, Calm, Peace and Love, our self-care product collection, daily rituals, workshops and treatments are all about self-connection and self-kindness. We empower you to choose the way you want to feel every day by guiding you to set intentions, tune into your senses and connect with yourself on a deeper level. We believe that small daily acts of self-love can lead to great changes in one’s life, and for humanity as a whole. We are a small brand with a big vision.
If you have anyone in mind who may be suitable or, indeed if you are interested personally in the position, send your cover letter and cv to email@example.com