How to Love Yourself
Choo-choo, this is the train to self-love! Who’s on board?
- Accept that you will make mistakes and it’s okay. We are so scared to mess up or fail, what’s the big deal? We need to look at the bigger picture here, we will never grow if we don’t let ourselves risk and fail. Failing isn’t what defines you but how you get back up is, it’s part of life. When you start feeling overwhelmed, take a moment to yourself with the Peace Balm and take deep breaths.
- Live in the present, don’t waste your energy on worrying about the past or future. You can’t change the past and we will never know what will happen in the future. The more we worry about the things we can’t change the less time we have to focus on the things we can. "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."- Buddha
- Listen to your body. If you are craving that cookie, eat it! If you don’t feel like going to the gym, don’t. If you want to stay home and watch a movie rather than going out, stay home. Listen to what your body is telling you, and treat it with kindness and respect. Take a nice warm bath with the Love Bath Oil, light the Love Candle and take the time for you.
- Surround yourself with positive people. If we are surrounded by light, light will show even in our darkest days. Our energy and time is precious, reserve it for people that make you feel empowered, strong, motivated, beautiful!
- When you are feeling low, remind yourself of all of your strengths. When you are feeling good, write down all the things you are proud of and that you like about yourself. Whenever you feel low you can go back to that list!
Self is the first step to happiness and yet so many of us are struggling with it. We are always our harshest critics and talk to ourselves in a way we would never talk to a friend the way we do to ourselves. Self-Love is a journey, it won’t be straightforward but little steps will help you reach the end goal.